Ty Bryngwyn Llanelli Hospice is a Designated Centre of Excellence providing specialist palliative care for the community of Carmarthenshire in the UK. It is the only Hospice in the area with inpatient facilities. Llanelli Hospice provides specialist palliative care both in the community and in its six inpatient beds.
More about Llanelli Hospice
Ty Bryngwyn Hospice, founded in January 1986, is situated in the grounds of Prince Philip Hospital, Llanelli and is a Centre of Excellence for palliative care services in Carmarthenshire. It provides in-patient palliative care and day treatment services and acts as a base for the Macmillan Nurses, the Bereavement Service and therapies. The Hospice at Home scheme is also centred here as is the equipment stores for home aids. The Day Care Centre offers physical, psychological, spiritual and social support.
The Specialist Care In-Patient Unit was officially opened during September 2003. The unit comprises of six single individual rooms with en suite facilities.
The aims of the Hospice are to:
• enrich the person's quality of life
• promote their independence
• offer opportunities to empower the person to make their own personal choices within a safe therapeutic environment
• provide education, information, support and advice for both patients and families
• offer a range of individual or group activities which can take place at either Ty Bryngwyn or within the community
Ty Bryngwyn Hospice benefits from the generosity of donations, the sterling work of a hard-working fund-raising committee and vast public support.
The reputation of skilled palliative care for those with life-threatening conditions has spread far beyond the boundaries of Carmarthenshire which it serves and is a proven and valuable asset to the Health Service.
The website has been set up to raise awareness of the hospice, whilst encouraging donations. Donating online is a great way to raise money allowing donations from friends and family where ever they are. The Ty Bryngwyn Hospice Appeal Fund, Virgin Money Giving site offers the facility for donors to run their own fundraising campaigns or simply make a donation. The option is also available for claiming gift aid, raising a further £25.00 for every £100.00 donated.
Western Power Distribution
Pictured is Berian Jones of Western Power Distribution presenting a cheque of £1070 to Ty Bryngwyn Hospice in lieu of a Xmas raffle held at their Llanfihangel Ar Arth Depot.
Berian’s late Brother Euros Jones was a resident / patient at Ty Bryngwyn during his later months who sadly passed away on 14th November 2016.
Berian friends and family wish to thank all the staff at Ty Bryngwyn for the care, comfort and support they gave us during this difficult time.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- Newsletter January to March 2017
- Cllr S M Donoghue Presents Cheque
- Cllr Eryl Morgan's year in office
- Western Power Distribution
- Newsletter September to December 2016
- Ruby's Bar and Brasserie
- The Red Lion Inn Pembrey
- Cartoon Caricature Calendar
- Carmarthen Golf Club
- INVNCBL ~ Sarah Evans, Jessica Walters, Sian Thomas