Ty Bryngwyn Llanelli Hospice is a Designated Centre of Excellence providing specialist palliative care for the community of Carmarthenshire in the UK. It is the only Hospice in the area with inpatient facilities. Llanelli Hospice provides specialist palliative care both in the community and in its six inpatient beds. Click here to start fund-raising or donate to the Hospice Appeal Fund using Virgin Money Giving.
More about Llanelli Hospice
Ty Bryngwyn Hospice, founded in January 1986, is situated in the grounds of Prince Philip Hospital, Llanelli and is a Centre of Excellence for palliative care services in Carmarthenshire. It provides in-patient palliative care and day treatment services and acts as a base for the Macmillan Nurses, the Bereavement Service and therapies. The Hospice at Home scheme is also centred here as is the equipment stores for home aids. The Day Care Centre offers physical, psychological, spiritual and social support.
The Specialist Care In-Patient Unit was officially opened during September 2003. The unit comprises of six single individual rooms with en suite facilities.
The aims of the Hospice are to:
• enrich the person's quality of life
• promote their independence
• offer opportunities to empower the person to make their own personal choices within a safe therapeutic environment
• provide education, information, support and advice for both patients and families
• offer a range of individual or group activities which can take place at either Ty Bryngwyn or within the community
Ty Bryngwyn Hospice benefits from the generosity of donations, the sterling work of a hard-working fund-raising committee and vast public support.
The reputation of skilled palliative care for those with life-threatening conditions has spread far beyond the boundaries of Carmarthenshire which it serves and is a proven and valuable asset to the Health Service.
The website has been set up to raise awareness of the hospice, whilst encouraging donations. Donating online is a great way to raise money allowing donations from friends and family where ever they are. The Ty Bryngwyn Hospice Appeal Fund, Virgin Money Giving site offers the facility for donors to run their own fundraising campaigns or simply make a donation. The option is also available for claiming gift aid, raising a further £25.00 for every £100.00 donated.
Sarah Evans, Jessica Walters and Sian Thomas have raised £1590.00 for Ty Bryngwyn by completing the 2017 Triad iNvnCBL. Congratulations to them all for such a great effort!
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- Triad iNVNCBL
- Bwlch Rangers AFC
- Côr Curiad Fundraising for Ty Bryngwyn
- Diane Henry 50th Birthday Half Marathons
- Ben Fernihough Records a Charity Single
- Festival of Light 2017
- Reception at Mayor's Parlour on 28 Sept. 2017
- Green Field Chapel September 2017
- Christmas Cards 2017
- Newsletter April to June 2017